Interested in teaching your kids about herbal medicine but don't know where to start? This course will give you the tools and confidence to learn about herbs alongside your kids in a fun and friendly manner. This course contains 13 herbs that will get you started on your herbal journey with herbs that are easy to find and easy to grow.
Interested in being a part of this journey? You can join in for a year of fun and learning with Herbal Roots zine!
What will you get for joining?
Everyone who joins will receive the following:
- 13 issues of Herbal Roots zine (see above for full listing)
- A one year membership to United Plant Savers ($35 value)
- 10% discount at Mountain Rose Herbs
- 20% discount on items such as enamel pins
- Free private online community
- Free printable book marks
- Free printable banners
- Free companion guide giving suggestions on teaching kids about herbs
- Free resource guide
- Monthly "Getting to Know Your Plant" lessons with experiential plant exercises, meditation and how to draw the plant
- Year Long Project that is woven throughout the year to create a handmade project that incorporates all the plants from the year
- Option to purchase enamel badges to give to kids upon completion of each issue (coming soon!)
- Certificate of Completion at the end of the course
How does this work?
Upon enrollment you will be added to a special membership website which gives you immediate access to the free printables and companion guidebook and the first issue, "Take a Peek at Chickweed". Each month a new issue will be released. Quizzes will be offered at the end of each month and a certificate of completion will be awarded at the end of the year once all segments have been completed.
I love teaching herbalism and botanical drawing and I'm excited to bring these two loves to the online teaching world. I am the creator, author and illustrator of the popular online herbal zine, Herbal Roots zine, which teaches children about the medicinal uses of herbs through fun activities like games, puzzles, songs, stories and recipes. I began this zine back in 2009 when I was looking for resources to teach my youngest 2 children, which I was homeschooling, when I realized there wasn't much available for teaching kids about herbs. It is now in its 10th year of publication.
I am a registered herbalist with the American Herbalist Guild and in addition to writing the monthly ezine, I teach classes in my community as well as all over the United States to both adults and children. I have created and ran kid camps at herbal conferences around the country as well and have run a kid's camp out of my home during the summer. I also see clients out of my home office and make all natural herbal goat milk soaps which I sell in local stores and online.
When I'm not homeschooling my youngest two (which are now in 7th and 9th grade) I am usually drawing plants or walking my dog Lulu in the woods while taking photos of the plants that are growing there.
Teaching others about herbs is my focus with a passion on sharing my knowledge with children as they ARE our future!